Location: San Diego, CA/Remote
Reports To: Director of Marketing
Status: Regular, Full-time, Non-exempt
CARS is seeking a dynamic and results-driven Marketing Manager to join our team and lead marketing initiatives for a prominent national nonprofit's vehicle donation program, focusing on supporting veterans. In addition, this role will oversee marketing efforts for CARS' transportation program, "On the Go." This is a hands-on position, and as the Marketing Manager, you'll be responsible for planning, executing, and collaborating closely with our Marketing team and On the Go's Sr. Vice President to develop impactful campaigns to increase visibility and support for both programs. This mid-level position provides an opportunity to grow and develop within the department and company, fostering your professional journey while making a meaningful impact.
- Marketing Strategy Development: Collaborate cross-functionally to develop and refine procedures and processes to develop and execute comprehensive marketing strategies to achieve organizational goals, such as increasing brand awareness, driving donations, and acquiring new partners.
- Market Research: Conduct market research to identify target audiences, understand customer needs and preferences, and analyze competitor strategies.
- Campaign Planning and Execution: Plan and oversee marketing campaigns across various channels, including digital, print, social media, email, and events.
- Content Creation: Craft and implement communication strategies by creating compelling content for marketing materials, websites, social media, and other communication channels to foster engagement and synergy across programs.
- Digital Marketing: Enhance and grow digital marketing techniques such as SEO, SEM, social media advertising, email marketing, and content marketing to reach target audiences online. As well as identify and capitalize on new business opportunities through digital platforms, expanding audience reach and strengthening connections.
- Brand Management: Maintain and strengthen the organization's brand identity and ensure consistent messaging across all marketing channels while positioning our organization as a pioneering industry leader.
- Continuous Improvement: Monitor and analyze the impact of strategies and tactics, using insights to enhance our approach continuously.
Benefits for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Four years of professional experience in marketing or a related field.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) in Marketing, Communication, Business, or a related subject area.
- Strong leadership and team management abilities to effectively lead and inspire a marketing team.
- Proven ability to drive change and demonstrate a strong proficiency to adapt and make well-informed decisions even when faced with ambiguity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for effective internal and external engagement.
- The ability to think strategically, develop marketing plans, and align marketing efforts with broader organizational goals.
- Strong project management skills to oversee multiple campaigns and initiatives simultaneously, meeting deadlines and budgets.
- Proficiency in data analysis to assess marketing performance, make data-driven decisions and optimize marketing campaigns.
- Familiarity with digital marketing channels and tools, including SEO, SEM, social media advertising, email marketing, content marketing, and web analytics.
- Experience maintaining and enhancing brand identity and ensuring consistent messaging across all marketing materials.
- A creative and adaptable thinker who embraces innovation and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated passion for supporting nonprofits.
- Quick learner and self-starter who works well in a team environment.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k self-contribution & corporate match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Flexible paid time off
- Most federal/statutory holidays observed
CARS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
CARS does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected status.
No Search Firms
CARS does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All cover letters and resumes submitted by search firms to any CARS employee or CARS representative via email, the internet, or in any form and/or method without being contacted and approved by our HR team and without a valid written search agreement in place will result in no fee being paid if a referred candidate is hired by CARS.
ABOUT CARS (CHARITABLE ADULT RIDES & SERVICES)
CARS is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that helps thousands of organizations increase their fundraising through vehicle and real estate donation programs. Since 2003, CARS has raised more than $475 million for its nonprofit partners. With a commitment to simplifying the donation process and maximizing the impact of contributions, CARS empowers individuals to support causes they care about. Learn more at www.careasy.org.
ABOUT ON THE GO
On the Go is a nonprofit committed to transforming lives with transportation solutions that increase independence, social connection, and access to essential services. On the Go partners with nonprofits, government entities, and municipalities that serve older adults and people with disabilities to provide safe, reliable, and cost-effective rides. To learn more, visit www.otgrides.org.
Ready to Move Forward:
To apply, click the button below. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please, no phone calls. Please, principals only.