Transportation Project and Community Engagement Manager
On the Go
Location: This is an in-office or hybrid, San Diego based position.
- $28.50 - $33.65/hour depending on experience.
At On the Go, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like in-office, hybrid (office and home) and working from home. Our purpose-led culture and infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
About the Team
You will be joining an authentic, motivated team who cares deeply about improving the lives of vulnerable people. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas and is rooted in gratitude, then On the Go is the place for you.
About the Role
In San Diego, thousands of low-income older adults are stuck at home without access to the transportation they need. But, you can make a difference for many of them as On the Go’s Transportation Project and Community Engagement Manager! Through this project, On the Go will schedule, dispatch, and provide rides to older adults across San Diego County.
In this role you will be responsible for the overall operations and community outreach for a new older adult transportation program in San Diego county. With guidance from On the Go’s Program Manager, you will be responsible for managing the launch and execution of a life-changing new older adult transportation program by conducting community engagement and outreach, engaging and contracting with local transportation providers, overseeing driver credentialing and vehicle inspections, developing and implementing rider enrollment processes, completing rider surveys and monthly program reports, collaborating with On the Go’s call center team, and providing rider onboarding.
- A desire to explore and make a difference - you are genuinely curious about people, social impact, and transportation.
- Passion for creating an equitable and inclusive community.
- Adaptability to new situations and can think on your feet.
- Experience working in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Consistently exceed expectations.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and are a natural hustler
- A positive, can do attitude.
- A high degree of technical aptitude.
- Excellent customer service skills.
What you'll do
- Create, build and manage relationships with rider referral sources.
- Be responsible for ensuring the completion of program goals, objectives, and compliance with government contract.
- Responsible for overseeing the implementation and evaluation processes for rider evaluations; and generating program reports.
- Accountable for cultivating and maintaining a professional working environment with program staff, and call center agents to ensure the success of the program.
- Identify, onboard and maintain a high quality, cost-effective, and highly available network of transportation providers.
- Ensure vehicle, and driver supply. Maintain driver credential and vehicle inspections.
- Assist with the development of enrollment materials, forms, and rider evaluations.
- Accurately create and maintain client profiles, keeping track of client monthly ride fulfillment and client waitlist.
- Responsible for conducting outreach to promote the program to various outlets including senior centers and transportation network meetings.
- Responsible for practicing excellence in customer service and providing culturally proficient and responsive services to riders and referral agencies.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and complete records, including all ride metrics.
- Ensure quality assurance to remain compliant with county reporting and customer service expectations.
Why You’ll Love Working at On the Go
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at On the Go embraces and embodies.
- We are strategic - We are data driven. Creating solutions to lead our organization and our partners is what we do -- every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and make changes, even if it’s inconvenient. Everyone is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - We are committed to our riders and partners and connected through our vision of being client centered.
- We are all On the Go – On the Go is our people, together meeting our goals and providing the very best ride experience.
- You will be proud to say that you work for On the Go and will know that the work you do brings freedom of transportation to under served communities every day.
- Associate or bachelor's degree plus 3+ years program management and community outreach experience OR equivalent combination of education, work, and training in a relevant field
- Relationships with community-based organizations across San Diego.
- Specialized knowledge of transportation best practices and older adult populations.
- Core competencies include leadership, people management, customer service experience, process management, data analysis, problem solving, effective communication, well developed presentation skills, business acumen, and technical aptitude
- Self-starter with a proven track record of implementing, launching and growing dynamic programs.
- Outstanding cross-organization collaboration skills.
- Highly organized, assertive and self-directed business style, with strong ability to multi-task and balance priorities
- Highly skilled in data analysis and management.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player, results oriented, self-motivated, resourceful
- Operating with a sense of urgency
- Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic
- Ability to work varied hours
- Proficiency in CRM systems
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and Google Suite. Transportation software is a bonus.
Benefits for this position include, but not limited to, a 401(k) plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, life insurance and holiday benefits.
Ready to Move Forward:
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to the following email addresses; MelissaB@careasy.org.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please, no phone calls. Please, principals only. Relocation is not provided.
ABOUT CARS (CHARITABLE ADULT RIDES & SERVICES)
CARS is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based out of San Diego, California. Founded in 2003 as a means to provide additional funding to the programs and services of Jewish Family Service, CARS soon began accepting vehicle donations to help other nonprofits raise extra revenue. What began as a company of just a few employees accepting a few vehicle donations per day, has grown into a well-respected leader in the nonprofit industry. Today, we are partnered with over 5,000 nonprofits and are expanding our fundraising efforts so we can continue to provide additional revenue to our amazing nonprofit partners. CARS' success stems from our dedication to exceptional donor service, our ability to maximize each donation, and the extensive marketing support we provide to our partners to help sustain their programs. Come work at CARS and be our partner in Moving Forward Together. To learn more about CARS, please visit careasy.org.